I finally made something!!
Two weeks into the new year and I finally had time to sit at my sewing machine and make something!!!
You can totally tell I’m out of practice… this baby is WONKY… but No 2 liked it and is using it and, let’s face it, there is no better compliment than that.
The pattern comes from the book ‘Weekend Sewing‘ by Heather Ross. If I have to be totally honest… I found it really tricky to put together and I’ve had to make some adjustment to the pattern pieces to make it fit. I’m sure it’s totally my fault because I’m so rusty in the sewing department…
The outside fabric is a really strong denim (another reason why it was so hard to sew accurately) recycled/upcycled from old IKEA sofa covers.
The lining fabric is re-used from an old OLD cushion cover from when the boys were little. I think it’s Japanese… but I’m not sure; always been my favourite, it looks almost screen printed.
I have an order for a pencil case from eldest child but I’m looking for an easier pattern; I might go back to the boxy pouch… problem is I always get the sizes wrong with that one!