Husband: out visiting his mum
No 1: upstairs, revising for his exams
No 2: out supporting the town hockey team
No 3: on a plane on his way to Cyprus kindly invited by a friend.
Me: at the kitchen table, talking to no one, the dishwasher playing in the background.
On the table:
- the program from the RSC production of ‘The Taming of the Shrew’ (W. Shakespeare) I went to see last Wednesday. Really good. It was a modern production (great set and costumes) in which all the roles were reversed. Oh yes… If you’re familiar with the play you’ll know it’s quite ‘traditional’ in its view of the sexes… well seeing it played in this way it feels quite shocking and discordant… and then it makes the original version even more sexist and wrong.
- cup of tea, re-heated because… life…
- bunch of anemones, I don’t need a reason for that
- Bertol Brecht text ‘Life of Galileo’. Oh wow. Homework. Just finished it. Genius.
Such a lot is won when even a single man gets to his feet and says No.
The aim of science is not to open the door to infinite wisdom, but to set a limit to infinite error.
- An essay I must read next called ‘Being lovingly, knowingly ignorant: white feminism and women of colour’ (Mariana Ortega). I’ll report back on this one.
- And a lilac highlighter. Keeping up with the trend.
- Pencil case, a gift of Mr M.
- Book on ‘The second wave’. Feminism. Not surfing. (Although to be fair I know about the same on both subjects, ie not much)
- Lovely pad of lilac note paper
The sun is shining, the dog is sleeping, my legs are deliciously tired after my (short) run this morning.
Life is good.
2 thoughts on “*51* Saturday”
Poking forward to it. I am going in July to see it.